Update – What people are saying: Moolanomy, Four Pillars, Blueprint for Financial Prosperity, Cash Money Life, Five Cent Nickel, Own The Dollar, My Two Dollars, My Retirement Blog, Dream Systems Media, That One Caveman, Daily Blog Tips, All Financial Matters, Consumerism Commentary, OEDb, OPL Plus, Emily Chang, The Deuce
Tip’d is turning 1.0 and things are changing. We’ve been in public beta for about 1 month now and the response from the financial blogosphere and finance junkies has been great. Let’s recap some milestones and then look at all the changes you asked for and we’ve made to bring you version 1.0.
We’re goin’ steady
We have reached a short-term steady state traffic of 3,000 page views a day on the site and are sending 25-100 referral visits from a ‘published’ (front-paged) story to linked sites, a figure that’s higher than outbound traffic from most other niche sites. We are also approaching 1,000 email and rss subscribes, 2,000 members, 2,700 submissions, 1,250 comments, and 25,000 Tips, all within the first 30 days. If you look at our Compete graph, our sustained numbers are already comparable to well established niche social sites.
Exclusive launch partners
To help speed up the community building process and to ensure that Tip’d always features the latest and the best financial news and content, we’ve been working hard on building relationships with publishers in the niche. The following blogs have supported us ever since we launched our public beta and continue to help us provide you with the best experience possible.
- Blueprint for Financial Prosperity
- Five Cent Nickel
- Consumerism Commentary
- Stop Buying Crap
- Get Rich Slowly
Our launch partners have helped us with exposure by writing reviews of our site and reaching out to their communities, offering free advertising, and placing our submission buttons on their content. We cannot thank them enough and would like to encourage you to visit their communities for engaging content and and productive and informative conversations.
New 1.0 partners
In addition to the publishers that partnered with us from the beginning, we are also announcing the following sites who have pledged their support to Tip’d and partnered with us starting with our 1.0 launch today.
Newest team member
Please welcome social media blogger and marketing consultant Tamar Weinberg as our newest Tip’d team member. At Tip’d her job will be making sure that no spam on irrelevant content slips through the system. She will work hard to make sure that you waste no time when you come to Tip’d and only see the best in financial news content.
New features and fixes galore
- All links from ‘published‘ stories are now plain html links to your submissions. We don’t use any redirects, and no nofollows!
- We’ve added 2 new categories that were in high demand. These categories are ‘business’ and ‘entrepreneurship’.
- The ‘topple’ functionality (the burying/down-voting functionality) has been overhauled and made more robust.
- Stories now show the time made popular along with time submitted.
- You can now subscribe to published stories via email in addition to RSS.
- Site navigation has been made simpler and breadcrumbs have been implemented site-wide
- Upcoming stories are sortable in chronological order as well as by popularity.
- Duplicate story handling has been improved. Users are now automatically redirected to the existing submission (the original to their duplicate).
- General usability and functionality fixes as well as better spam handling (for foreign language and pornographic submissions, for instance).
What else is coming?
- We are working on creating a private messaging system as well as a Facebook app.
- We are also working on more tools for power users and publishers.
What can you do to help?
We’ve only gotten this far because of the participation of the community as well as the publishers. If you want Tip’d to continue to grow and improve, please share the site with your friends, family, and colleagues and don’t be afraid to blog about it!
New to Tip'd? Join the social media site for financial news, ideas, and tips. It's free to join our community, and it only takes a minute. Click here to sign up!