Hey everybody! I’m Muhammad Saleem, the community director here at Tip’d so if you have any questions, concerns, feedback, or just want to say hi, feel free to send me an email.
Why did I take this project?
When you strip it down, Tip’d is just a SocialWebCMS installation and undoubtedly many will call it a Digg clone. What makes the site different and noteworthy?
- The Team: I have a lot of respect for the experience and expertise that Andy, Jimbo, Damon, and Deuce are bringing to Tip’d and am proud to be a part of the team.
- The Vision: Tip’d doesn’t want to do everything, isn’t in a hurry to monetize, and isn’t answerable to investors. Our goal is to focus on one vertical and provide our community the best possible experience in that area. Furthermore the site will see regular and incremental updates (rather than no updates for a while and then a drastic change).
- The Execution: We’re not building this site for us. We’re building this site for you – the content creators as well as the content consumers. Our goal is to build a platform and let you use it the way you see fit.
Tip’d is a community for financial news, ideas, and tips, but it is also a community for relationships and conversations. We know the economy is hurting, we know the country (and the world) is in trouble, our response to that is to make it a little bit better by providing you the best in financial news, analysis, and opinion.
How can I participate?
There are many ways to participate and every little bit helps.
- Submit some stories, vote on submitted stories, or leave some comments.
- Spread the word, blog about us and tell your friends and family.
- Send us your questions, concerns, and general site feedback.
What are people saying?
Early responses to our launch are in. Check out what people have to say: ZDNet, The Industry Standard, Mashable, VentureBeat, Search Engine Land, Bargaineering, Palaestra Training, America’s Best Companies, Ecopreneurist, and more.
Until next time, keep Tipping!
New to Tip'd? Join the social media site for financial news, ideas, and tips. It's free to join our community, and it only takes a minute. Click here to sign up!